"Nearly New" Books & You
Turning The Page is thrilled to announce that we are launching Read, Recycle and... READ More!
Effective June 1, 2023, we will accept gently used hardcover and paperback books for kids, young adults, and grown-ups... and a portion of every "Nearly New" Book Sale will be donated to Monroe's Community & Social Services.
We plan to offer these books for re-sale at extremely low prices, because EVERYONE should be able to buy a quality book at the bookshop. #books4all
All donated books must be:
- clean & dust-free
- in good physical condition (no rips or tears, crayon/pen marks, broken spines, etc.)
- an item that YOU would feel good passing along to a friend or family member
Sadly, we cannot accept:
- Books on business, government, medicine, travel, and self-help that were printed more than two years ago (currency generally equates to higher likelihood of accuracy)
- Musty, torn, moldy, or water-damaged books
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Bibles or hymnals
- Reference books
We reserve the right to refuse book donations if they do not meet our requirements or we have too many "Nearly New" books due to of our incredible community's response. Mark your calendars now, as we will only accept donations on the first Saturday of each month from 2pm - 4pm at the bookshop until we can gauge the popularity of this program.
Thank you! #booksmakecommunity